The 2019 season has seen Team WIGGINS Le Col’s most successful wins in major races in the UK & Europe came from Pidcock, Healy, Cullaigh and Fouche. The 2019 race season has seen Mark Donovan sign a professional contract with Team Sunweb for 2020 & 2021, Gabriel Cullaigh sign a professional contract with Movistar for 2020 & 2021 whilst James Fouche will stagiaire with Mitchelton–Scott for the remainder of the 2019 season hopefully leading to a two-year contract. The team’s goal when it initially begun was to develop and nurture young talent with the aim of progression to the highest levels. After five years the team has announced that they will be folding.
Team WIGGINS Le Col have been directly responsible for some of the biggest talents coming through the British ranks in the past few years, such as:
Owain Doull - Team Ineos
Chris Lawless - Team Ineos
James Knox - Deceuninck - Quick-Step
Scott Davies - Team Dimension Data
Jon Dibben - Lotto Soudal
Mark Donovan - Team Sunweb
Gabriel Cullaigh - Movistar
2019 Season Highlights:
- James Fouche won the first race for Team WIGGINS LE COL claiming the New Zealand National title in January.
- Gabriel Cullaigh won stage 3 of the Volta ao Alentejo in Portugal.
- The biggest win of the year came from cycling sensation Tom Pidcock winning Paris Roubaix U23 solo and becoming the first ever cyclist to win the race as a Junior & U23.
- Tom Pidcock won at the Planche des Belles Filles and went on to win the Tour Alsace.
- Ben Healy won stage 5 of the Tour de l’Avenir/U23 Tour De France – becoming the youngest ever winner of a stage in the history of the race.
- In total we raced 65 days across 10 countries.
- Two of our riders, Mark Donovan and Gabriel Cullaigh progressed to the World Tour stage on two-year contracts.
- Team WIGGINS Le Col were watched by 3.5 Million spectator’s roadside between Tour De Yorkshire & Tour Of Britain combined.
- Tour De Yorkshire was viewed in 190 countries.
READ OTHER RACE REPORTS