We’re delighted to announce that Subaru dealerships across the country have re-opened both aftersales and sales operations, following the latest Government guidance.
For Subaru, safety is always paramount. A focus on personal safety is now more important than ever before. We’re committed to keeping dealership employees, customers and the communities in which we operate as safe as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak and we’ve been working closely with the network to introduce new policies and procedures to ensure the health and wellbeing of the Subaru community.
We have a range of new and used vehicles in stock and a series of flexible finance offers to suit every need. To ensure that your next visit to your local Subaru dealership is a safe one, we’ve made a number of key recommendations to the dealer network.
Safe staff practices
We’ve recommended the implementation of various new staff policies and procedures:
• General hygiene rules to be reinforced through regular team briefings – to reiterate the importance of regular handwashing, contactless appointments and social distancing.
• Monitoring and recording the temperature of every employee on a daily basis.
• Advising any member of staff feeling unwell to stay at home and monitor their symptoms.
• Offering dealership employees protective masks and disposable gloves, which should be changed regularly.
We’ve advised the dealer network to adopt social distancing measures in the showroom and workshop:
• Encouraging customers to agree an appointment time prior to visiting the dealership to minimise the number of people in the building at any one time.
• Parking bays to be clearly marked to provide appropriate distancing between spaces.
• Where possible, one-way systems to be set up at showroom entrances and exits.
• Reception and waiting areas set up to support social distancing.
• A minimum distance of 2 metres maintained between staff and customers at all times.
• Dealership staff to avoid sitting in demonstration vehicles with customers.
• Gatherings of people within the dealership to be limited to a maximum of 2 customers and 1 advisor – always standing at least 2 metres apart.
• A minimum distance of 2 metres to be kept between customers who are viewing vehicles in the showroom or on the forecourt.
• Where possible, using a clear dividing screen to minimise direct contact during essential desk-based transactions.
We’ve issued guidance to ensure improved hygiene practices and advised that guidelines should be clearly visible to staff and customers:
• Improved cleaning and sanitation practices to be adopted.
• Coffee and vending machines should not be in use.
• Surfaces that are frequently touched to be disinfected at regular intervals – and always between every customer contact. These include door handles, desks and telephones, both in the showroom and in ‘behind-the-scenes’ workshop and staff areas.
• Installation of sanitisation stations in each dealership, with these cleaning facilities freely available to staff and customers.
• Brochures, leaflets and magazines removed from the showroom and available on request only.
• Vehicle interiors accessible by request only, with use of disposable protective sets for seats, steering wheels, gear and handbrake levers where possible – and all surfaces sanitised following each customer contact.
New test drives and vehicle handover practices
We’ve also suggested changes to the way that test drives and vehicle handovers are facilitated:
• Allowing only customers to sit in demonstration vehicles – showroom staff must stand at least 2 metres away.
• All test drives to be unaccompanied for the time being, to support social distancing.
• Using disposable protective sets for seats, steering wheels, gear and handbrake levers for vehicles in workshops and test drive vehicles wherever possible.
• All contact surfaces – including keys – to be thoroughly sanitised before vehicles are returned to owners or available for the next customer.
• Where close contact between showroom staff and customer is required – for example, for the signing of documents – ensuring that the process is as contactless as possible and observing strict social distancing guidelines followed by enhanced hygiene procedures.
If you’d like to find out more about the changes that are happening across the Subaru dealer network, you can speak to your local dealership. Alternatively, you can contact Subaru UK’s customer care team on 0121 730 8166 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’ll be happy to help.
News & stories
Subaru is renowned for the safety, capability and reliability of its range of SUVs – but which is the best choice for you? We constantly strive to build cars that …Read more
We’re delighted to announce that Subaru dealerships across the country have re-opened both aftersales and sales operations, following the latest Government guidance. For Subaru, safety is always paramount. A focus …Read more
Craig Goulding, part of Subaru’s technical team, knows a thing or two about towing a caravan. He’s been doing it for 30 years and has probably visited every caravan site …Read more
For the second year running, Subaru has been voted Best Manufacturer for Safety Features in the 2020 Driver Power survey, the UK’s number one car ownership poll. In the overall …Read more
With the country in the grips of the coronavirus pandemic, you’re probably not driving your Subaru as much as you’re used to. If you’re wondering what to do with your …Read more
With the situation in the UK continuing to evolve as the nation responds to the coronavirus pandemic, we’d like to assure you that Subaru UK and Subaru dealerships across the …Read more
The UK is gripped by the Coronavirus pandemic sweeping across Europe, but for me it’s almost business as usual. As a busy mixed practice vet, theservice my colleagues and I …Read more
Later this year, Euro NCAP is introducing even more rigorous safety tests for new vehicles to give consumers enhanced guidance about the collision safety of their cars. We explore the …Read more
All-new Forester e-BOXER – the first self-charging hybrid from Subaru – has awarded 4×4 Magazine’s Best Small SUV of the Year 2020, a testimony to our on-going commitment to build …Read more
The all-new Subaru Forester e-BOXER – the first self-charging hybrid from Subaru – has been named Euro NCAP’s Best in Class 2019 in the Small Off-Road / MPV class. This …Read more
We’re delighted to announce that all-new Forester e-BOXER – the first self-charging hybrid from Subaru – has achieved the maximum 5-star rating in the 2019 European New Car Assessment Programme …Read more
It’s that time of year again; where the world and their offspring load up their motors to visit loved ones and spread festive cheer. Here are a few tips to …Read more
The price of many vehicles will be going up in January 2020. Find out what the Excess Emission Premium – also known as EEP – is and how it could …Read more
As a man that’s driven practically every car we’ve ever made, we wanted to know what Subaru fanatic Paul Cowland would make of the all-new Forester e-BOXER, the first self-charging …Read more
Looking ahead, Subaru Corporation recently announced Subaru’s vision to eliminate traffic accident deaths involving Subaru vehicles by 2030. Already, the new Subaru Global Platform (SGP) is delivering new vehicles with …Read more
You’ll likely recognise Julian Norton from the hit Channel 5 series The Yorkshire Vet, now into its eighth series of heart-warming tales of veterinary life in rural Yorkshire. We chat …Read more
Subaru has been voted Best Manufacturer for Safety Features in the 2019 Driver Power Survey, the UK’s number one car ownership survey – beating off stiff competition from 29 other …Read more
This month we’ve caught back up with Julian Norton, co-star of hit Channel 5 series The Yorkshire Vet. We might have faced some wintery conditions in the UK of late, …Read more
Known as the world’s toughest race track, the fabled Nürburgring requires a special kind of car to truly get the most from its many twists and turns. Paul Cowland tells …Read more
Subaru UK are pleased to announce that K T Green have been named ‘Subaru Dealer of the Year 2018’. The family-owned dealership, based in Pool in Wharfedale, Leeds, was recognised …Read more
Birmingham, 11th January 2019 – Subaru UK is pleased to announce the Subaru XV has been awarded 4×4 Magazine’s ‘Crossover Estate of the Year 2019’, a testimony to Subaru’s on-going …Read more