Don't Grind To A Halt
Subaru recommends having your brake system checked at your local Subaru dealer.
There are a number of components involved.
It's important to have the braking system checked regularly to ensure your vehicle is safe to drive:
- Should be replaced when the thickness is less than 2mm - worn pads can damage the brake discs.
- Pads should always be replaced as a front and or rear axle set.
- Discs should always be replaced before the disc thickness has reached the manufacturers specific limits.
- Discs should always be replaced as a front and or rear axle set.
- Subaru recommend that discs are checked each time the pads are changed.
Brake Drums and Shoes
- The brake shoes should be replaced as soon as the thickness of the lining in not less than 1.5mm.
- Brake fluid deteriorates over time so should be regularly changed (at least every two years) to ensure the braking system isn't compromised.